Dr. Melissa Gastellum, ND
Dr. Melissa (Mel) Gastellum received her doctoral degree from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe, AZ and completed her residency at Paracelsus Natural Family Health Center, where she treated patients with autoimmune diseases and gastrointestinal issues. It was here that she started working with people diagnosed with cancer, and those who were recovering after cancer treatment. She believes that cancer and other chronic diseases are complex processes that require multiple interventions in almost every aspect of one’s life – including dietary changes, supplementation, pharmaceuticals, fasting, IV therapy, exercise, sleep and stress reduction.
Dr. Mel has a lifelong interest in athletics and a passion to keep people physically active throughout their lifespan. She has found that trigger point injections and Prolozone injections for joint injuries are a natural way to help repair injury and keep people active.
She is a member of the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians, and California Naturopathic Doctors Association. When not in the clinic, Dr. Mel spends her free time participating in CrossFit, and exploring the Bay area.
· Post-graduate internship at True North Health Center in Santa Rosa, CA, focusing on medically supervised water-only fasting.
· Annual Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians (OncANP) conference
· Theoretical and Practical Training in Prolotherapy and Prolozone
· Advanced Topics in Intravenous Nutrient Therapies
· International Mistletoe Meeting in Germany
· Classical homeopathy with Dr. Andre Saine at the Canadian Academy of Homeopathy in Montreal.
- Naturopathic Oncology
- Autoimmune disorders
- Digestive disorders
- IV and injection therapies
Dr. Melissa Gastellum received her doctoral degree from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe, AZ and completed a 1-year residency at Paracelsus Natural Family Health Center in Pasadena, CA. She received her BA from Smith College in Northampton, MA.